This Third Edition, in response to the enthusiastic reception given by academia and students to the previous edition, offers a cohesive presentation of all aspects of theoretical computer science, namely automata, formal languages, computability, and complexity. Besides, it includes coverage of mathematical preliminaries.
New To This Edition
1. Propositions and Predicates.
2. Mathematical Preliminaries.
3. The Theory of Automata.
4. Formal Languages.
5. Regular Sets and Regular Grammars.
6. Context-Free Languages.
7. Pushdown Automata.
8. LR(k) Grammars.
9. Turing Machines and Linear Bounded Automata.
10. Decidability and Recursively Enumerable Languages.
Answers to Self-Tests.
Solutions (or Hints) to Chapter-end Exercises.