The NITI Aayog’s dual incentive scheme was just launched a month and a half ago. Now it has
turned out to be very successful.
• Through this scheme, about 7.6 lakh citizens have received reward money that is worth Rs.
117 crore in only 45 days through digital payment methods.
• Every day 15,000 consumers receive cash back. In addition to this 90 consumers and 3,000 merchants have won Rs. 1 lakh and Rs. 50,000 each as weekly prize money for signing up for this scheme.
• Most winners are found in Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka states. The age group of owners ranges from 15 years to 66 years of age. The involvement of the elder citizen shows that they have also embraced technological advancement.
• The winners come from both rural and urban areas. They are farmers, small entrepreneurs, professionals, homemakers, and much more. Winners can be from every corner of life. Most people in India now understand how technology can be used for financial reasons.
• They are working with the government to arrange ‘Digi Wealth festivals.’ These festivals will make more people aware of these digital services.
NPCI is working to help people get into the habit of digital payment. This is the future, and you should take the best benefits out of it. We hope most of the payments will be made digital soon.